22 February 2018

Informed Consent Form - General Surgery


 Download 
INFORMED CONSENT FORM – GENERAL SURGERY
PATIENT’S NAME

UID

Gender

Age

WARD / BED NO.
S. N.
DESCRIPTION
1.        
I here by authorize Dr……………………………………………………………………………….. and those whom he may designate as associated or assistants, to perform upon………………………………………. ………………………………..(Myself or name of patients when the consent is being given by an authorized person), the following……………………………………….. ………………………………………… (Name of operation / procedure)
2.        

It has been explained to me that during the operation / treatment / procedure, unforeseen condition may encountered which may necessitate surgical or other procedure in addition to or different from those contemplated. I therefore further authorized the above named doctor and his designate to perform such additional surgical or other procedure as are deemed necessary by them.
3.        

Following has been fully explained to me and I have understood the same
1.       The nature and procedure of the operation and/ or procedure.
2.       Expected outcome of this procedure / operation
3.       The possible alternative to his method of treatment.
4.       The risk involved in the treatment and
5.       The kinds and possibilities of complications
4.        
It has been explained to me that risk of the operation / procedure in my case is high/low (………. %) because of the following factors:
1.       ……………………………………………………………………………………………………………
2.       ……………………………………………………………………………………………………………
3.       ……………………………………………………………………………………………………………
5.        
Having understood all of above, I am ready to take the high risk involved and give my consent for conducting the mentioned procedure / operation upon me / my patient.
6.        
The nature of anaesthesia viz……………………………………….. (General / spinal / local / other), the possible variation in it, if that may be necessitated at the time of operation / procedure, and risk involved has been explained to me, and I consent for the same.
Signature and name of the person giving consent

Date / Time

Relationship with the patient

Signature and name of the witness

Date / Time

Signature and name of the doctor taking consent

Date / Time