22 February 2018

INFORMED CONSENT FORM – ANAESTHESIA ADMINISTRATION


Download
INFORMED CONSENT FORM – ANAESTHESIA ADMINISTRATION
PATIENT’S NAME

UID

Gender

Age

WARD / BED NO.

S. N.
DESCRIPTION
1.        
I here by authorize Dr……………………………………………………………………………….. for administration of anaesthesia on myself/my patient ………………………………………. ………………………………..(name of patient). I have been explained and I permit performance of the suitable anaesthesia technique on me for conduction of surgical procedure
2.        
One of the following anaesthesia technique will be used on me
1.       General Anaesthesia – Through inhaled anaesthetic agent and/or Intravenous use of anaesthetic medication. This will cause unconsciousness, muscle relaxation and analgesia. The un-consciousness reverses after withdrawal of anaesthetic agent
2.       Deep Sedation – This leads to sedation and analgesia and is achieved through intravenous and inhaled agents
3.       Regional anaesthesia – This can be done through spinal, epidural or caudal nerve block. The process causes temporary loss of sensation and pain in certain areas of body
I understand that in case deep sedation or regional anaesthesia is not satisfactory, general anaesthesia may be used.

I understand that during my operation if condition requires change in course of action, my anaesthesia provider will act on my behalf for my benefit and safety.

3.        
I understand that Anaesthesia administration is associated with various risks up-to death of patient. While my anaesthesiologist will take all professional care, no guarantee can be made for outcome of anaesthesia.

Common side effects associated with Anaesthesia include (but not limited to),  nausea and vomiting, adverse drug reaction, bronchospasm, laryngospasm, arrhythmias, dreams or recall of intraoperative events, corneal abrasions, and damage to mouth, teeth, or vocal cord, backache. Post-dural puncture spinal headache, massive block, neurological injury (Caudia equine syndrome, numbness, pain or paralysis, epidural or spinal haematoma, meningitis, damage to arteries, veins and in rare cases permanent brain damage, heart attack, stroke, or death

4.        
I also acknowledge that I have truthfully disclosed, to the best of my knowledge, all medical history and condition, asked to me.
Signature and name of the person giving consent

Date / Time

Relationship with the patient

Signature and name of the witness

Date / Time

Signature and name of the doctor taking consent

Date / Time